OT Can teens Be Trusted To Do Anything?

Lazy bastard teenager here not delivering the "cancer clothing collection" bags properly.

not just pop it on the neighbours wheeliebin at the other side of the fence whilst it is windy instead of posting it through their letterbox?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I have about thirty of those clothing bags in my hall cupboard, If I had to fill everyone I'd have no clothes left to wear, and still they come through the letter box on an almost daily basis.

Stephen.

Reply to
stephen.hull

Who's the guy with the joke-shop bald wig at the end of

?

Reply to
Zapp Brannigan

They're just free bin-liners, really.

Reply to
Steve Walker

In article , snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com writes

What you're not told is that the bags are collected by commercial companies who sell on for profit the clothes you think you've donated to charity.

Those bags make useful free kitchen bin liners.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Sweepimg generalisation, surely? Some are genuine, and it's usually easy to tell.

Reply to
Bob Eager

The local Air Ambulance one is, but that wants only "good quality" clothes so most of my stuff is no good - it goes to a clothes bank at Tesco if I remember. That leaves little more than my outdoor gear and I'm /not/ giving away Paramo equipment.

I put out half a dozen of those bags (unused) yesterday and they'd gone when I got home, so I hope that the Air Ambulance chaps took them.

Reply to
PeterC

In article , PeterC writes

I hope so too, but:

Mike Tomlinson

Why is it all these "delivery" types look like they are using the bag delivery/distribution as a chance to case out houses and areas for later "visits" ...

I wouldn't advise anyone put out clothes to these scam-sters but get a pre-booked door step collection and give significantly MORE money direct to the charity of your choice...

used them but looks like a significantly better option less suceptible to middle-man fraud.

Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Or drop it off at your local charity shop if they accept rags. Our local hospice shop receive 60p per kg for fabrics (obviously more if they can be sold as clothes in the shop).

Reply to
ARWadsworth

purposes, but they weren't too obvious but wrere just where my neighbour puts her bags (none this time), so I hope that they went back to the 'owners'.

Reply to
PeterC

Does look a better option. I was involved with a charity that got good money for rags and unsold clothes that were useable as such. That was many years ago and I don't know of any nowadays.

I really must put up a notice saying "No charity bags"[1] - there's a limit to how many might come in useful some day!

[1] DIY!
Reply to
PeterC

In article ,

writes

Or drop them off at the clothing bank at your nearest supermarket. Ours offers banks for Barnardo's and the Sally Army. Since I think the Sally Army are a bunch of bible-thumping bigoted bores, Barnardo's gets the donation.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson