OT but someone here might know

You'd need to use two wheels, or the diff would do more work than designed for and possibly overheat & self destruct.

And good chocks on the othr wheels!

Reply to
<me9

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Jules saying something like:

I had one like that and they're still common enough around here. Iirc, it's a venturi effect down in the footvalve assembly, that draws more water up than goes down. The only drawback is the need to keep the sealing in tiptop order which means dragging up the footvalve every so often and maintaining /repairing /replacing it, else the head of water in the pressure tank up top is lost, necessitating priming every time you want it to work.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Jules saying something like:

Not so, icba to look, but via ebay for example, you'll find 3kW inverters for norralorra dough. I have a cheap'ncheerful 1.5kW (3kW peak) modified sine inverter which cost all of sixty quid a couple of years ago. I noticed recently that pure sinewave inverters were plummeting in price and I might get one of those as I'm not too happy about running the TV off the mod-sine one.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon