OT Building on flood plains

On Thu, 11 May 2006 17:39:33 +0100 someone who may be Dave Fawthrop wrote this:-

I tend to agree.

However, were I foolish enough to move to a house that was not some way up a hill I would arrange it so that the important things wee above the likely flood levels.

Reply to
David Hansen

On Thu, 11 May 2006 18:48:14 GMT someone who may be Peter Lynch wrote this:-

A member of my family, who is a planner in England, once told me (after some floods of recently built houses had appeared on the television) that she had told them not to build on the flood plains concerned, but had been over ruled by councillors. Of course if the councillors had not over ruled her then some Prescott in the Westminster government would have done so. Are party politicians thick, or are they getting back handers?

Reply to
David Hansen

The message from David Hansen contains these words:

How do the "or" slip into that question?

Reply to
Guy King

Well, they'd have to be /really/ thick if they weren't getting any backhanders.

Owain

Reply to
Owain