OT. BT

Anybody else with BT internet getting loads of spam e-mails inviting them to click on a link to fix problems they don't have? Or changes they don't need/want to make? etc.

Reply to
harryagain

Yup. The odd one or two are even getting through the BT spam filter.

Reply to
John Williamson

I get around two a day.

Reply to
harryagain

In message , harryagain writes

Not seeing any. Generally I find the BT spam filters too aggressive and I regularly have to check the Spam box for genuine e-mails

Reply to
bert

Be warned about the scrambling malware that asks for money to decrypt your drive if you open certain attaches.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Not recently. I suspect spamhaus has found the relays by now.

I did get one yestarday inviting ne toi duscuss te parcelt shuipping logistics of a financial house (that never ships parcels) that I was involved with 10 years ago.

I replied. To tell them they were now on the list of companies I would never ever use. A fact they might care to consider before spamming people.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A very nasty mechanism, CryptoLocker seems to be very competently written. Even writes a list of all encrypted files to the registry.

I think it arrives as an attachment in a zip - so you have to a) open the email; b) open the zip; c) execute the exe. I think you also need to have access to multiple specific internet locations. Despite all that, it has infected all too many systems.

Reply to
polygonum

Oh is that what has been in the few spams that have actually got past the greylisting, RBL checks etc. Had a little spate of those earlier in the week, 3 or 4 over a couple of days. Normally a "missed parcel delivery" or similar, email has .zip attachment with an .exe inside.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Last couple of days I've been getting mails through the BT SPAM filter clearly marked as SPAM by a relay further up the delivery chain.

For instance SPAM Assassin says "SPAM!!!!!" including in the headers and modifying the subject line and it still gets passed through.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

I think (but am not sure) that these have been delivered as if from Companies House. Though there is obviously no reason they should restrict themselves to one scam...

Reply to
polygonum