OT BT

I could understand that if the stolen cable was from a street cabinet where pairs would have been swapped over the years, but it was from a duct between two manholes, so if they just spliced pair 1 to 1, 2 to 2 etc in the new 1000 pair cable then surely nothing would move?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Only if that cable is continuos and isn't split anywhere to provide service along the route. Or hasn't previously been damaged and pairs swapped to get around that damage.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Regards

Reply to
TMC

I passed a small building on the edge of an open space in Lincoln yesterday and spotted two large notices:

One said TOILETS CLOSED

The other said THERE IS NO COPPER IN THIS BUILDING

I'm wondering which sign went up first ...

Reply to
Terry Casey

In message , Terry Casey writes

Or within quite a few miles, that's why the beggars get away with it so easily.

Oh sorry, see what you mean :-)

Reply to
Bill