OT: Breathalysers

If I have two pints it screws up my blood sugar and that makes it far more dangerous. There are a million or two undiagnosed diabetics out there that can suffer the same problem, some of those drink.

Reply to
dennis

How do you get stopped and anything with the police? You would think that after 40 years driving there is some chance of it happening.

Reply to
dennis

I dilute the cider with guiness too.

Reply to
dennis

They just can't drive and have bought cars too big for their abilities because they are safer.

Reply to
dennis

There was nothing holier than thou about it just pointing out that it is a useless exercise. I could also point out that the rate of absorption depends on what you have eaten, what you have drunk, what health you are in, the time of day, what activity you are doing, etc., etc. and the rate of getting rid of it depends on the same plus what the weather is doing. Once you work that out then you can see why the only thing you can do is test for that occasion and not try and predict it.

Reply to
dennis

You mean legal limits. Safe limit is easily determined by what you feel like. I can easily tell if I'm in control of what I'm doing. They should replace this silly percentage shit with a sobriety test like they (used to?) do in America, which would test what you are capable of, not what the average person is capable of.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

You can feel the effects of one pint? I wish I was you, it would be a damn sight cheaper for me to get drunk.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Are we supposed to feel sorry for you at this point?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Did you read his post? Can you explain the point where there is any attempt to gain sympathy?

You're not coming over as a very nice person.

Reply to
Fredxxx

I'm a diabetic, I need special dispensation, they're all like that.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Your a wanker and nobody cares about you.

Reply to
dennis

But I don't ask people to make special arrangements for it.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Ya big Sheila.

Two pints makes me feel happy. Even then I can still walk around or drive or cycle or hold a conversation perfectly well. One isn't even noticeable.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Every post you make is an idiot screaming for help.

Reply to
dennis

And there's me just thinking you were craving for attention.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Put your hand down my shorts if you wish.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Be more specific.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

So how do you explain most of what you post to usenet?

Reply to
John Rumm

I can personally confirm that they are no good at all. To my shame, I passed two of them while well over a safe limit.

Reply to
Davey

And how did you determine you were unsafe?

Reply to
Uncle Peter