OT Braun Oral B Heads

Has anyone any comments about "compatible" heads for the Braun Oral B toothbrushes?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Only ever tried originals from Braun. Each lasts me a little over two months. I've never actually tried looking for compatibles, so have no info about cost, effectiveness, and longevity.

Reply to
Tim Streater

We bought some compatibles with a new toothbrush a month or so ago. But we're still on the original genuines. Thinking about it, mine's definitely about due for replacement, so I'll swap to a pattern one tonight and report back tomorrow...

They were certainly cheap. Very, very cheap. No really obvious difference visible whilst still sealed.

Reply to
Adrian

No idea. But wowcher is offering compatible heads cheap. Still over a day to go on that sale.

Actually is wowcher cheap? It looks like a con to me

Reply to
ARW

I bought these on ebay. They work fine.

Michael Chare

Pity there are not good cheap replacement razor blades for Gillette, the cost of those, like the toothbrush heads are exorbitant!

Reply to
Broadback

The feedback on this item on Amazon seems very mixed

Toothbrush/dp/B004OFUN0O

163 5-star ratings, but 103 1-star ratings from people who hated them.
Reply to
Sam Plusnet

I agree.

I tried buying some Tesco branded cheap 3 bladed razor blades. They were much cheaper but a waste of money! Unlike their gel which works fine.

I have also tried to buy the Gillete blades in the USA but they were no cheaper there.

Reply to
Michael Chare

I tend to assume that none of the wowcher/groupon/whatever sites are bargains ... either stuff you don't want, or top whack prices discounted back to normal levels, or prices you could get by shopping around. I think there are times that they've proven to be disastrous for the seller too.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Last ones I had from eBay *claimed* to be genuine, and looked right, and were about half the dentist / supermarket price.

Reply to
newshound

I used some, from tesco I think. The fit is stiff, the bristles slightly softer, and they're less well vented, but they do the job ok. Still overpriced imho.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

'easyflex total power'

Reply to
meow2222

Well, after using one of 'em twice, I can report that they're nowhere near as good as the originals.

They're the "floss action", with a little plastic paddle, same as the original I'm comparing with.

(£3.99/4 when ordered) vs
(£11.99/4 when ordered)

The most noticable difference is that the plastic paddle is much "scratchier" than the originals, and one of the four is already coming unseated and going for a wander. It also seems to be a bit more difficult to fit and remove from the brush body.

For me, it'll be the originals next time, especially since the price difference has now closed - £6 vs £10.

Reply to
Adrian

slightly softer, and they're less well vented, but they do the job ok. Still overpriced imho.

I found they worked loose on the shaft. We now just stock up with genuine 8-packs when they are on special offer at Costco.

Reply to
Reentrant

If you use the Fusion type look out for promotional packs - I've bought, on different occasions in the last 18 months, two packs that cost £20 for 11 blades plus a razor from Tesco. Looking on their website I see that the 8-packs are listed at £19.59 whilst promotional

10-packs are £22.99.
Reply to
Peter Johnson

Advice from my dentist a few years ago - if the bristles are starting to fall out think about changing it (the toothbrush). They are still effective. I ran a Braun for three years after that, changing because I wanted to not because of loose bristles. The current one is about 20 months old.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Reply to
Adrian

In message , DerbyBorn writes

The head comes loose from the stem quickly and falls apart well before the genuine heads. On the other hand if you're happy to use the head for, say, two weeks and then throw it it'll be fine. (Those were bought via an Amazon Marketplace seller.)

Reply to
usenet2013xxa

Morrisons had 4 for £10 a few weeks back. That, for me, is a year's worth - compare with Tesco 4-pack of manual brushes for a quid a few years ago!

The 1-star reviews on the Braun heads are telling, especially the last one :-)

Reply to
PeterC

I trieds some ASDA ones I didnt like them and I felt they wore out quicker so didn;t save much money. I'll get soe more as emergrncy stock and give them another go. ASDA do seem to be cheaper for the originals.

Reply to
whisky-dave