OT: Brake Pads

I think that it's only the fluid level light that is required. Operation of the same light by the handbrake is actually just a simple way of proving that the bulb hasn't blown.

I put a kit-car through the SVA and the requirement was for a fluid level warning light and a method of testing it (later revised to a method of testing it from the drivers position). A simple test pushbutton on the dash or a timer linked to the ignition would both satisfy the requirements. Before the position change, the push-to-test top on the brake reservoir of some cars was sufficient.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember ransley saying something like:

Been around for thirty years and more.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon