OT Bollocks - I dialed a wrong nunber today and the bloke that anwered the phone took my order

I called CET instead of CEF and bloody Geoff decided to play along and take the order.

Reply to
ARW

What's his discount on downlighters like? :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Dunno - I ordered a 100W LED floodlight with a photocell:-(

Anyway he is well and says hi to everyone. And I got the usual invite to call in at his when I am passing - the trouble with that is that we always get pissed up.

Reply to
ARW

It would have been more fun if you'd meant to phone Luv Hunny and Geoff had posted here to tell us what you'd ordered.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In the words of Nelson Muntz, "Haa, haa!" :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

On 20 Jul 2015, "ARW" grunted:

Heh. My home number is very close to that of a wholesale meat supplier, and I am plagued by calls (well, occasional calls) from various restaurants etc wanting to place orders for deliveries. They invariably come in at stupid o'clock, and I've been sorely tempted to do a 'bloody Geoff' on occasions.

Never have though. In fact, some muppet once actually left me a really urgent order on my answering machine, which by the sounds of it would have been calamatious had I ignored it, so in the absence of a number to call back I phoned the supplier to let them know. Too soft by half, me.

Reply to
Lobster

My parents old number was one digit away from the local GP which could lead to some interesting calls, people often launched straight into reporting ailments before they could be told they had the wrong number and as this was a small village practise most of the callers were known of even if not known personally. Depending if it was my siblings and me or Mum or Dad who answered the replies varied from" Take an Aspirin , Whisky may help with that , I bet I know who you caught that off, Don't worry dear, I've had three , is this your first just have a cup of tea while you have time. Trouble with the last being calls from nervous first time mothers to be in labour they tended to be about 3 am so it was with some relief that after a while the doctors number was changed.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg