OT: Bodyshop repair

Not when you stick to reputable ones. Our local one, recommended by the insurance Co. were a pleasure to deal with. No ambulance chasers as a result of their involvement.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Three "jobs" there, not two. Insurance, private and cash...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I can't see any creases in the metal, so yes it should be possible. In fact if you look on youtube there are a couple of thermal shrinkage tricks that you can do yourself, which may well pop it out.

Don't know...

;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

True enough but given other information probably untaxed, uninsured, no

MOT, may not even have a licence. Even if the Police did do anything, like get the car crushed, he'll just go out an buy another £500 banger and carry on.

Even if they "loose" a car every year £500 is cheap motoring. Not enou gh income to pay fines so they'll be paid at £1/week... Might, eventually , get banged up for a few weeks but not likely.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice