OT Body armour - stab proof vest

You mean "if I told you, I'd have to kill you"? ;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

There are legal circumstances where you can kill someone, the same as there are circumstances where a driver can speed. You obviously don't understand when they are so you aren't capable.

Reply to
dennis

Perhaps he's "Licenced to kill"?

Incidentally I don't think there is such a thing as an instant death. Except perhaps in the case of a very large explosion.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Nice idea, I never thought of that. Did you pinch that off your daughter or the Shawshank Redemption? Either way a brilliant idea.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Neither - my accountant! One of many reasons for the embroidered logo on the overalls & polo shirts - makes them wholey & exclusively for business use.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Self confessed glue sniffer - prolly out of his head.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

NAh, I reckon he'd try and use his razor sharp wit

Reply to
geoff

All death is instant, you are alive, then you are dead there is no lingering halfway state.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

The transition, once started, can take a while and not be very pleasant though. Give mean instant transition any time, not too soon though thanks.

Reply to
Bill

And PPE would be zero rated for VAT as well?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'm not registered, but I think it is.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

All depends where you buy it! There's a lot of mis-charging of VAT in this field.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I thought you said you earned a /lot/ of money in another post? Not if you aren't VAT registered you don't.

Reply to
dennis

It would be worth it for those trips to Rye.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That depends on what one considers to be a lot.

Dave will comment, I'm sure, but I would expect a handyman business to be more time than materials intensive in terms of cost and what is invoiced to the customer.

At the current level of around £65k at which registration is mandatory, the recoverable VAT would be predominantly on materials purchased and on fuel plus a few other small bits and pieces.. On the output side, he will have increased his prices by 17.5% for no good reason.

Reply to
Andy Hall

IIRC, Dave said very profitable - which is quite a different thing from turnover.

Quite a few small businesses doing this type of work will allow the customer to purchase the materials directly so as not to have them raise the business turnover to above the VAT threshold. If the materials represent only a small profit centre this can be quite worthwhile when you are serving a customer base of non registered individuals since it keeps your prices lower (or more likely your profitability 17.5% higher)

Reply to
John Rumm

???

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Nail, hit, head.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ferzackerly.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

One of the most dangerous places. Old ladies pouring out of tea shoppes fully armed with knitting needles.

Reply to
Andy Hall