OT: Binocs

Watch out, somebody will report you as a possible terrorist, looking at TV masts with binoculars!

Reply to
Davey

... and from there I had many good pieces of advice, thank you very much.

Like any consumer item these days, a pair of binoculars has a vast range of options and permutations. I plumped for lookking for a pair of Olympus 8.25 PCI, suggested by Allan "in-valid"'s link:

I was surprised to find a pair of these for 25 at Amazon ("1 remaining"); given that the next-cheapest price was 54, I ordered immediately, and they arrived 4 days earlier than predicted, today. Only just had chance to play with them, so I looked at the full moon: by god, they seem to work OK!

Thanks for the very useful discussion, folks!

John

Reply to
Another John

Just dusted off my old-school Miranda 8 x 40 binoculars to watch a lunar eclipse here in Melbourne, with Mars and Saturn either side. Awesome views! Love those '80s binoculars!

Reply to
tom.ort100