OT: Baumatic Ovens

Bosch built in double oven went bang on Saturday so looking for a budget replacement. Quick internet research has thrown up Baumatic as being the best value for money on paper. Just wondering if anyone here has a Baumatic 904 or 905 or 910 and if you're happy with it considering the purchase price??

TIA

Reply to
Bovvered?

Customer service at Baumatic leaves a lot to be desired, construction quality is in line with their customer service. Looks nice in the photos though.

YMMV Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Utter tosh.

Reply to
Steve Firth

We have one of the range cookers, it has been fine. The build quality is decent and there's really nothing to complain about.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Got a 904 here and it's fine apart from the timer being a little on the quiet side when it goes off. I'll have a look to see if something's adrift when the round tuit arrives.

Seconded.

Reply to
Steve Rainbird

Yes they do look OK. Sounds like you had some problems though, what went wrong?

Reply to
Bovvered?

Unfunny experience with a suspect appliance, Baumatic customer abuse were less than helpful and required extensive pressure to even fulfill statuory obligations. They may have changed, it was few years ago. Shame as the designs were different from what else was available at the time, construction quality was very much `fashion item` level, aimed at a market that will be skipping the kitchen for this years colours within a short period.

The Neff items that replaced the never installed Baumatic crap was very noticeably better screwed together out of better materials, not a major leap in price either, still installed and functioning happily.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

We've got a Baumatic sensor hob and it's been just fine.

We've also got 2 Smeg ovens and they are *rap. The fan oven element is currently failed on both of them. On one oven it failed twice in warranty. The reason is obvious, the circular element is *tiny* and must run at an incredible temperature to get the oven up to 230C.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Try pressing-and-holding the '-' button - this is the usual way of adjusting the buzzer tone on many ovens that share the common clock/ timer gear.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton