OT bad customer service Victoriaplumb

I've just had the most stressful time dealing with Victoriaplumb. All the products that I ordered (in short 2 wc's, a basin, a shower enclosure and some accessories) had a 5-7 working day delivery time.

7 days came and went so I phoned to chase the order and was told I'd get a call from the delivery company in the next day or two. I called a couple of days later and was told exactly the same thing. A further couple of days went by I called again and was a bit more persistent. I was told a customer service adviser would call me back. It took several more calls before someone did call me back. I was told that my order was held up because one of the wc pans was out of stock and it would be 3 weeks before there would be another one in. Why didn't they tell me before? Were they going to just wait with my order for another 3 weeks? I asked if there was an alternative. 'Yes but the alternative is out of stock until next week.' . I suggested they send me the items they had and then the alternative pan when it arrives. The customer service adviser said she'd check it with here supervisor to see if it was OK. A few minutes later she came back to me to say that it had been approved. After hearing nothing from the delivery company a couple of days later, my wife called to check the progress. The customer service adviser was rudely informed her that she'd need to get it authorized by her supervisor. Why the lies? Why not just be honest? We only wanted a reasonable idea when the stuff would be arriving so we could plan the work. The next day the delivery company eventually called to arrange delivery. The earliest they could do was in one weeks time. The 5-7 days claim on the Victoriaplumb website is just plainly misleading. It was one of the main reasons I went to them in the first place. The following week (over three weeks since placing the order), the order arrived minus the pan and one of the basins! It took several more calls before finding out that it was also out of stock. On of their lovely members of staff barked that 'you were told items could take up to 28 days'. No we weren't!

The products are good, the prices are cheap but the lies, rudeness and general appalling service is too much. The overall message is avoid Victoriaplumb.

To provide a bit of balance however, the customer service at Grahams (although not an online company) was exceptional and 4Bathrooms (an online company) were also very good.

I know better now.

Reply to
theRainKing