OT - Axminster Screwed

Having connected without problem to Axminster for years, I suddenly find that I cannot do so.

To be more specific, I cannot do so using Firefox, which is what I always use. I get this message:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

  • This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies

Of course, I think my settings are fine and I am accepting cookies. In fact, if I delete them from Firefox and try again, I find two new ones have been created.

I can connect using IE. But I don't want to.

Any ideas? Anyone having the same problem?

Reply to
Rod

Fine here with Firefox 3 RC1

Might be some DNS caching oddity

Try the direct IP address:

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Empty your cache folder in FF and shut it down then reopen it and try that?

Reply to
George

Thanks George. That worked.

The direct ip address did not work - FF was getting to the site and then something was failing.

Reply to
Rod

I've just gone straight in, using Firefox. Something must have changed in your setup which is blocking it for some reason or another.

Reply to
Roger Mills

No problems with this version Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14

I normally use sea monkey - based on Netscape as my browser & email.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Yes folks - all working now - many thanks.

Reply to
Rod