OT: AV amp with HDMI switching

It's time to replace my elderly Yamaha AV amp with one that includes an integral HDMI switch. I only want 5.1 support and 3 HDMI inputs, but FM and internet radios would be useful. Max price is around £300 (cheaper is better!)

What features should I be looking for? Are there any recommendations for specific models? (The Denon AVR X1000 looks interesting)

Reply to
unknown

Why integral HDMI?

This remote controlled switch is only £10, works well, size of a pack of cigs, solidly built and fuss free!

(Of course you might have to do something with the audio, but your existing setup should at least do that)

Reply to
Adrian C

I have a Marantz NR1602, but it may well have been superseded**, it's

7.1 but I only use it as 5.1, it's possible to use the spare 2 channels as a separate stereo pair for another room.

It has four HDMI in and one HDMI out, DLNA, AM/FM and internet "tuners" and a few other phono/spdif ports, I believe iThings will also talk direct to it, but I don't have any use for that.

Also it's NOT huge.

** Seems like Richer Sounds only have one left.
Reply to
Andy Burns