OT. Asylum seekers

Nothing new there. We already knew that it is only immigrants from the EU who benefit our economy. However, international law dictates our duties towards asylum seekers.

Reply to
Nightjar

En el artículo , harry escribió:

Drivel mk II, aka Harry, reads the Depress and /believes/ it. Big surprise. Mot.

Suppose the headline is "Asylum seekers affect house prices, responsible for the murders of Diana and Maddie"

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Interesting question during PMQs though from Paul Flynn, the Newport MP.

"Cardiff has 700, Newport has 600, Rochdale has 700 but the combined constituencies of the PM, Chancellor and Home Secretary have a grand total of 3. Is this fair and reasonable way to treat asylum seekers?"

The big numbers may be mixed up and the rest is as near as I recall. but it's a revealing stat I think.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

But the headline did not say that. Harry says it as it is, dreamboats live in their own little bubble.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

It might help if we didn't cause or support conflicts in some of these countries that asylum seekers are coming from.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Possibly they are.

Reply to
harry

Most of those seeking asylum in Britain come from Pakistan, with Eritrea second. I don't think even Tony Blair managed to attack either of those.

Reply to
Nightjar

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 13:37:41 +0100, Nightjar > It might help if we didn't cause or support conflicts in some of these

That might've changed in the last few years, but for 2011, 2012 and H1

2013, it was Pakistan then Iran then Sri Lanka - with Eritrea last in the top ten.

Pakistan was a long way down the list of nationalities granted asylum, though...

Iran - Syria - Eritrea - Sudan.

Adrian

Nightjar

None of those were attacked by Britain either and conflicts in those weren't supported by Britain either.

Reply to
kshy

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 20:53:27 +0100, Nightjar >> Most of those seeking asylum in Britain come from Pakistan, with

OK, 2014 numbers. Like I said - they may have changed between those

2011/12/13H1 figures I found.
Reply to
Adrian