OT Anyone want to guess what I said?

Since when did uk.d-i-y become a front end to Google?

:o)

Reply to
Huge

You normally can go diving after Dribble has done some work:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

ROFL! Reminds me the time I had to rewire the rose for a GP friend after he put in a rise and fall light. A Cambridge graduate, and he'd done proper research at Oxford and somewhere Ivy League in the States

Reply to
newshound

In article , newshound scribeth thus

Camtab's are usually excellent at what there're good at and a shade oblivious to almost anything else;!....

Reply to
tony sayer

I labelled the wires and even took a photo of the last one I replaced. I always expect the worst. Just as well because some of the labels came off when dragging the wires through the backplate of the old fitting.

Reply to
stuart noble

Are you two still together then? I thought you had a row and split up. If you are still together, then the trip to the mine is back on again.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

We split up and reform on a regular basis.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

A bit like my wife and I, but we still sleep in the same bed every night :-)

I'll get back to you after the Royal wedding then. I might know when my drivers door is going the be repaired from August the 21st last year by then.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Yes, but by then, you're old enough to make a sensible decision whether to stay, complain, start looking elsewhere or walk. I've done it myself when falsely accused at work by a manager trying to cover his mistakes - I went to see the MD, presented proof that the allegations were false and resigned with immediate effect, as I'd never be able to trust the manager who'd made the allegation in the first place again. Unfortunately, a child is shocked to be falsely accused, unable to deal with it and has no choice but to go back to the same teacher's class each day.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Isn't it going to be easy to find the body in a mine?

Reply to
dennis

September 1993 and 25 June 2005

Owain

I'm sorry about your story, truly. But... does that really mean the rest of us should buy you a house? I'm firmly in favour of people making provisions for themselves, and when I took on a mortgage I had no illusions about the risk involved, and no expectation that anyone else would or should pick up the tab if I lost my income.

As well as cutting benefits, and giving people information on how to live on what they get (so many really aren't able to), I'd also ensure claimants got paid in 24 hrs rather than 6 weeks. As it stands now, many first time claimants that are only just grown up find themselves with no income for over a month, and know no way to solve it but crime.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

A few years ago there was a young labourer on a building site. Now a very bright lad but willing. At dinner time he produced a massive packed lunch and took some ribbing about his Mum having prepared it for him etc. Then we found out that he lived rent free at his Mums and everyone was disgusted until he pointed out that he was only allowed to live there rent free if he had a job. If he was on the dole his Mum's rent was that same amount as his dole money. He only ever claimed the dole for one week.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No, but why should the guy suffer because the company can't be bothered to put in place a proper assessment near the end of year one, when he could be sacked for not being up to the job.

tim

Reply to
tim....