OT - anyone used the Amazon dispute process?

I ordered a Tripath amp fulfilled via Amazon. I got two pairs of headphones from China instead. I tried to contact the supplier but got no response. I left negative feedback on Amazon but this hasn't appeared. I then used the 'File a Claim' button to notify Amazon of the problem.

The link to the item in my order now shows a completely different supplier. This suggests that the glowing reviews of the amplifier and the customer service were probably not for the supplier I tried to use, as I get the same reviews from the same page for the new supplier. I am obviously not impressed by this, and it looks as though my main hope of getting my money back is via the Amazon dispute process.

So has anyone used this successfully?

Oh, the supplier was Audio Shop, and Google suggests that the parent company was registered 11 months agon in Delaware (a haven for ofshore companies which maintains the anonimity of the company owners, and just names the agent). The contact phone number may be a US number (although no international dialling code is shown). The number matches a number in Singapore/Malaysia in a Google search. "The caller is approximately located here (0619384496) City : Medan, Binjai, Perbaung"

All in all this does not look like a solid UK based company.

So it looks as though a 'fulfilled by Amazon' and five star feedback does not necessarily guarantee a reliable supplier as the feedback does not seem to be tied to the supplier.

Now waiting for Amazon to come back to me.

If all else fails I can go to my credit card company who may process a refund even though the sum was under £100.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Their site is more and more getting things wrong. Only yesterday I ordered some cdrws and it said they were from Amazon, but when I got to the basket it then said it was a trader called something else and the free super saver was no longer available. OK so they had to go to another vendor, but the main site had none of this. I have let it go through as the cost is the same, but it does make one wonder exactly who is editing on the site, if anyone!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes, ordered some old-hat RAM from a German seller via Amazon, it was down as 3 weeks delivery which I could easily live with, after 6 weeks I remembered it should have been delivered by now, asked supplier who said sorry and it would be on its way, after 9 weeks still nothing, I warned them I'd have to use Amazons dispute resolution if it didn't arrive by

12 weeks, on the final day I filed a non-delivery report, the seller agreed and I got an offer of the dosh back, or a credit note for the dosh+10% the same day.

A bit odd, but it worked out OK and the RAM was by that time available even cheaper from someone else.

Reply to
Andy Burns

If need be speak to Amazon on the phone. I have never had a problem getting a refund from them.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Thanks for the encouraging comments - I'll just have to wait for the Amazon process to grind along. They estimate two weeks.

Reply to
David WE Roberts