OT; Anyone in the doghouse?

"My wife went to Indonesia".

"Jakarta"?

"No, she went on an aeroplane".

I'll get me coat.........

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Stuart Noble is to Valentine's Day what Ebenezer Scrooge is to Christmas. Bah, humbug!! ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

In message , "dennis@home" writes

I turned over £49k last month - more than you earn in a year

I don't mind a simple card, but I don't subscribe to the excessive marketing hype

Reply to
geoff

I see why you gave up the night job now ...

Reply to
geoff

I can assure you that when I stop in a hotel for a romantic evening that I make sure the girlfriend does not find out about it.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Bad move. Turn over is neither profit nor proof of any gain. I suppose boasting is now the norm, doesn't rock my boat though. Anyone can go out and lose money. Banks have for many years turned over billions daily but they managed to lose far more than they gained. St. Valentine's day is for lovers. My better half and me are lovers. On an aside note, any suggestions for a pearl wedding anniversary present? June this year.

Reply to
Nick

A pearl necklace is the normal thing to give.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

That's one excuse.

The other might be you've got to spend the 14th with the Mrs ;-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That's one excuse.

The other might be you've got to spend the 14th with the Mrs ;-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Steve Firth wibbled on Sunday 14 February 2010 15:06

It's "homemade" - should be worth extra points :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

geoff wibbled on Sunday 14 February 2010 13:12

I spent half the week at the lad's nursery showing them how to make chinese crackers out of lopped up 20mm conduit :) Worked really well when the kids had painted them, glittered and I'd threaded them onto red wool in a bunch.

They wouldn't let me make them "functional" though :(

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yeah - but check. My missus wouldn't even let me buy the big earrings. Scared to wear that much money. But you know her by know!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Adam knows your wife???

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'm not sure it comes across as innocent in Samuel Pepys' diaries.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Lot of blokes coming out of Tesco today holding a bunch of flowers and a card. They don't sell Strelitzia, indeed, most florists don't without prior warning, so I have to plan in advance.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Adam knows your wife???

Thou shall not covet another posters wife.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yes, I tried that. No luck so far.

The fact that I'm capable of designing and printing a card that is the equal of anything sold in a shop[1] isn't apparently a bonus point either. Nor is having the foresight to have photo-quality card stock in my stationery cupboard and having an adequate supply of ink cartridges to do the job. Can't win, but that does with being male.

[1] OK, I admit they don't set high standards.
Reply to
Steve Firth

Steve Firth wibbled on Sunday 14 February 2010 20:55

Next time send this one...

'll be happy with your DIY efforts after that.

Reply to
Tim Watts

And how many did it out of love, how many out of duty

Reply to
geoff

I do not doubt your card making skills, but what Valentines present did your wife buy or make for you? Equality for the sexes my arse. Valentines Day only exists to empty men's wallets.

No, they set high prices, but you have worked that out and beat me to it:-)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth