OT: Anyone got gas and electric with EDF?

The in-laws rang earlier on this evening but as we're not with EDF I couldn't help them - hoping someone here can shed some light.

They've been on a capped deal with EDF for about 12 months but it's now come to an end. Obviously, it's now shot up but she reckons it's actually

*doubled*

Anyone else with EDF who's had a capped deal end recently and if so, how much of a rise have you seen?

TIA

John

Reply to
John

I'm with EDF but not on a capped deal so can't help you . Possibly you might find the answer on one of the money Forums like

NOSPAMnet

I haven't, but I've always found EDF customer services very helpful - UK call centre on an 0800 number too.

Actual tariffs available will depend on your [in-laws'] location

Owain

Reply to
Owain

My capped EDF Leccy only, SE London, has just gone up from 14.08p/

8.67p to 18.91p/11.53p before VAT, which I make about 33%.

The initial amount which is charged at the higher rate changed from quarter to quarter last year for some reason, but they say it will now be 225kWh.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

"John" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Is it the actual price-per-unit that's doubled, or the monthly DD?

I'm not with EDF _or_ at the end of a capped deal - but my DD has damn near doubled. It's partly to play catch-up with a very small backlog, but very little. I'm expecting it to come back down again in a few months when there's a serious credit balance built up...

Reply to
Adrian

My energy supplier (EON) keeps trying to increase my DD too. If I complain we usually come to a compromise. I don't like being in credit all the time as I am not keen on giving interest free loans to large companies.

Reply to
Mark

I reverted to just paying bills as they come in .The miserly amount for paying by DD is hardly worth it .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

At the end of the day, does it really matter?

Unless there's some overriding reason to stay with EDF, just help yourself by looking at one of the many comparison websites to find the best deal.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Ah, now I hadn't thought of that. Cheers Adrian, I'll ask them.

John

Reply to
John

I save about £70 pa by paying DD with online billing, are you sure it isn't worth it?

Reply to
dennis

Certainly does! Being in their mid-seventies on a fixed income pension, every penny counts, as the saying goes.

You're making the assumption that they have a computer with internet access - remember not everyone has.

First step is to see why EDF have done what they have and if it's correct, then I'll look at comparison websites for them.

Reply to
John

Thanks everyone, for all your help and suggestions.

john

Reply to
John

Thats what they rely on, the inertia of the public;(...

Reply to
tony sayer