OT - any suggestions for accounting software?

Somehow I missed the original post.

For RISC OS there is an excellent item called !Cashbook - it's free too. I use it as Treasurer of the London & SE Branch of the Clarsach Society. It will run on a Windows machine with PCEmu (free) or Virtual RISC PC.

Reply to
charles

Cross platform, free and quite powerful enough.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

He's probably found something suitable in the 4 1/2 years since he posted!

Reply to
The Other John

Someone's sig is broken - the "-- " should be on a line by itself ...

... and as a result the sig gets quoted.

If your data lives online, I wouldn't touch this with a shitty stick. You should only keep stuff "in the cloud" [derisive snort] if you're prepared to have it lost or stolen. Ask yourself what happens when bearbuk goes out of business, or decides to start charging and holds your data to ransom? And you have to keep tax records for 7 years.

Reply to
Huge

Oh, bum. I wonder if there's a killfile rule that can delete these damn zombie postings?

Reply to
Huge

How did this resurface? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Quickbooks online is also, I believe accessible for blind but the offline one is a bit of a pig. Probably more costly than you need. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Mr Bearbuk thought he could use the old question to spam his accounts software.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I think it depends on whether you want an accounting "book" or a system that is aware of key rates and tax stuff that changes every year - and can whack out stuff in the correct format for filing.

If I ran a small business, I'd look more at the online stuff for that reason.

Reply to
Tim Watts

If your client (like Claws mail) lets you use an external program to process messages it shouldn't be hard to cobble together a bit of perl or similar.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Nice idea. I shall look into it, thanks. Although I suspect slrn doesn't allow it.

Reply to
Huge

+1
Reply to
Roger Mills

I use Bearbook online accounting software. It is very cheapest software to other. Bearbook is easy to use and user friendly accounting software. You can check here -

sharmatanya9040
2013 eh? I remember it well. Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff