OT: Amazon suggests....

"Hello, Amazon.co.uk has new recommendations for you based on items you purchased or told us you own. = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Zebra GK42-202520-000 - GK420d rev2, USB, RS232, LPT - 203dpi, EPL, ZPL, - incl. USB cable, power supply unit, power cable - Warranty: 1Y

Price: £244.43 Dispatched from and sold by Kikatek. "

And if clicked on, it shows one sold by IvoryEgg, not Kikatek.

What it doesn't say is, what is it? The image looks like a little printer, at least it has a strip of printed paper sticking out of its front, like a dog's tongue. But why I would want one of them, if that is what it is, I have no idea. I recently bought a desktop laser printer, very different from what this looks like.

Reply to
Davey

Price: ?244.43 Dispatched from and sold by Kikatek. "

And if clicked on, it shows one sold by IvoryEgg, not Kikatek.

What it doesn't say is, what is it? The image looks like a little printer, at least it has a strip of printed paper sticking out of its front, like a dog's tongue. But why I would want one of them, if that is what it is, I have no idea. I recently bought a desktop laser printer, very different from what this looks like.

Its a desktop printer for labels on things like medicine bottles

michael adams

michael adams

= = = = = = = = =

Yes, that's what it looks like from the image. But why does Amazon never describe it?

Reply to
Davey

That's also how its described on Zebra's own site.

As they imply in the message, maybe they assume you'll already know what it is, based on your previous purchases or things you've told them you own.

Although I'm a bit miffed by this as I've been an Amazon customer for years for all sorts of things and they've never ever asked me what I own. Not even once.

Also you only quoted the email text. Was there not also a link leading to a product description ?

michael adams

michael adams

Yes:

which gives the image I described in my OP. It mentions a couple of printing details, but nowhere actually describes what it's for. Not even in the extended info. section.

All this after I bought a laser printer.

Reply to
Davey

I've looked at IR thermometers for balancing radiators. They seem to think I'll be interested in things to put in a snake tank. I suppose I can see how the idea arose...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris