OT Amazon deliveries.

Indeed. I use it a lot (I use amazon a lot - shoot me).

Set up a twitter account to link to it, then set up twitter to SMS you messages from camelcamel.

I now flag things I want, set a target price and then get texts when it hits the target. Use amazon app to then purchase the item from my phone.

Have saved hundreds over the last year or so with this. Dead handy :-) They get an affiliate payment if you purchase through the links on their site - more than happy with that.

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

This from some arsewipe who can't even format his posts properly.

Reply to
Huge

/> You really *are* a moron, aren't you?/q

This from some arsewipe who can't even format his posts properly/q

So much for your killfile plonking, ya plonker

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

In article , D.M.Chapman writes

Agreed, no problem with that and I will definitely be using the service.

Human intuition can work better sometimes though, I just bought an oven element on Amazon for just over a fiver delivered. The camel finds the manufacturers part for 12quid from the mfr part number but doesn't find the pattern part I bought that also refs the same part no. Still as good result though as it is 18-20quid elsewhere.

Thanks again for the tips.

Reply to
fred

Typical Rod post. He sees a statement and feels an uncontrollable urge to post a diametrically opposite statement, no matter how ridiculous. He will then keep repeating it, presumably in the hope that will, somehow, make it become true and claim a victory that is only apparent to him when everybody else is to fatigued to argue.

Reply to
Nightjar

I.e. Classic Troll.

"He only does it to annoy Because he knows it teases"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Come on, he's not *that* bright.

Reply to
John Williamson

And Swiss - or so says Orson Wells.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You would probably be ridden out of town on a rail if you said that anywhere in the Black Forest :-)

The first Black Forest cuckoo clock was made around 1630 in the village of Triberg, where you can also see the 'First Largest Cuckoo Clock in the World' (Obviously not true, as that would be the first cuckoo clock ever built, but certainly the first house sized cuckoo clock). There is evidence that they originated as automata in Bohemia, but the Triberg clock is the first documented.

Reply to
Nightjar

They also added their streaming film service to the package, whether you want it or not.

I have Prime, had it since it started, I order from Amazon 2 or 3 times a week and I can remember maybe twice or three times over the years that things have taken 2 days. I've even ordered on Saturday for Sunday delivery a few times recently.

Reply to
pcb1962

I have often opted for free delivery and it has arrive earlier than expected. OTOH last week I paid for next day delivery and it was delayed (I suspect bad weather had something to do with it.) A lot of the time orders are split and two parcels arrive on the same day from different warehouses. I don't think dispatch is delayed, but if you have not paid for priority and things are busy you will go to the back of the queue. Or you item will go on the longer but cheaper route.

Reply to
djc

So you buy shit "when it's cheap", rather than when you want it or need it?

Reply to
Adrian

As one of the supermarket slogans says; the more you spend the more you save :-)

Reply to
Nightjar

Which appears to be the internet equivalent of the VHS rack at your local corner store circa 1985.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Errr... no (although my wife may disagree)

Example, one of my machines at home I wanted to stick an SSD in. Missed out on the sales when everyone was knocking out crucial M100s at < 150 quid so set a camel watch. It poked me the other day saying it was now 144 quid so I ordered. 20 mins later it back at 160.

So stuff I need but not urgently I use it for. It's also handy for a sanity check at times.

Also handy for my Lego addiction - set low prices on sets I'm after, and then pick them off if they get that cheap (see above comment about wife).

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman