OT Amazing time lapse video.

Quite amazing. Would have liked more detail on the bit where they cut it in half though - but, erm, that is the point of time lapse. It would make an interesting documentary. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

In message , sm_jamieson writes

Much more interesting, I should think, than a cruise on one of those ships.

I also think this would have made a good documentary. There must have been some "interesting" discussions before the bankruptcy. I wonder what happened to the bathrooms and marble fittings.

ticle

Reply to
Bill

More here without the spam.

Adrian C

Talk about a cut n shut!

Reply to
Graham.

Thinking the same. What exactly WERE they doing? Is that a special section that contains all the plant (it kinda looked that way) or was it just rotten?

Reply to
Tim Watts

They were stretching it - cut in half, add a bit in the middle, rejoin.

Reply to
Clive George

Remember the R101.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Ah - a stretch liner. That's new :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Unfortunately unless I watch the original I won't know which one to pick...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Ok, same on YouTube.

Cruise Ship timelapse - Extension of Balmoral at Blohm+Voss

And with some more detail of the inside job

Balmoral Refit Video 2007

The problem with following some links from Harry is that they often are the results of his unique & tasteless hunt for videos of people accidentally cut in half or those that have lost their heads by the sword etc... And I really don't need to see that as a recommended link following this one about extending boats.

Reply to
Adrian C

Which ones are those shit-fer-brains?

Reply to