OT. All new cars to be fitted with trackers?

OK, it's not instant. It's done later.

Meanwhile, all that data continues to come flooding in.

Reply to
Adrian

I've been analysing some telematics data for work. building up to 2,000 cars over 18 months, with about 200 bytes per minute. It came to over

40Gb, which I ended up getting by travelling to the office with a USB drive.

Some systems tick every 10 seconds - and have more data in each packet.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Based on facts and reality, rather than lowest-common denominator scaremongering, ideally.

Reply to
Adrian

That's not road pricing.

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian scribbled...

The more I drive, the more fuel I use, the more tax I pay. If they think people will accept 10 pence a mile on top of that, it'll turn into another poll tax riot.

Reply to
Jabba

But at the moment, it costs you the same per mile, whatever road you take. The alleged "idea" behind road pricing is that it makes some roads more expensive per mile than others. Thus allowing TPTB to control traffic flow. Presumably they will steer the traffic through the less posh parts of the country, thus allowing the landed gentry to enjoy their stately pile of bricks in peace, untroubled by the rabble.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

So when we get annoying adverts, we can show them the finger and they will report back that people don't like them, and the makers will get the message?

Reply to
Gazz

wonder how long before speed limiters become compulsory, or insurers hike premiums unless you have them fitted.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I'll come .. offered as a price reduction then it will become compulsory after all its for "your own good" of course;!...

Around 3 to 4 years even quicker if labour get into power and straightaway if the "greenness" did..

Reply to
tony sayer

On 12/05/2014 11:10, tim..... wrote: ...

AIUI, from what I read about it in Germany, it uses mobile phone technology to make the call. It was suggested the call out would cost EUR150, although, in Britain the Fire Brigade can already choose to charge up to £250 for a non-fire call-out. I presume the fee would be claimed from the insurance company, in much the same way as the NHS charges for RTA related treatment.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar