OT Aldi's latest offer

for:

Bird/Animal watching Exploration Home Security Observation Night Fishing Stargazing

I suppose it is 'observation' that most people will be buying these for.

Reply to
Tim Decker

Should go down a wow at the dogging sites!

Reply to
EricP

Naturally - where are they btw :-) (Please don't answer that I don't really want to know). My bro. had was given one of these things a few years ago and I borrowed it for a week. Actually looking into the garden at night

*was* pretty interesting. Saw a fox slink over our fench, stroll across the garden and then over next doors fence - not a sound did it make. Trouble was the image was so dim, it was a bit wearing after a while. There was an "infra red" led array on it - but it wasn't so much infra - quite visible red really.
Reply to
dave

I can't see how it would be any good for stargazing. Unless someone hits you around the head with it.

Reply to
whisky-dave

10/10 :))
Reply to
EricP

When at British Aerospace, we had to equip an aircraft with night vision capability. This involved reducing the cockpit light outputs to suit the night vision goggles.

On the night of the first flight, we had to see off the aircraft and we were shown the night vision goggles. Winter hill, in Lancashire is very visible from the site and I was amazed at the detail I could see across to it. Not only could I see the mast that gives us our TV progs, but I could make out the sheep that were up there. With these you could 'dog' at a few hundred yards. ;-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

LOL.

It would be handy for the 50m by 40m room that I am working in this week that has no windows and only one door. It is a little bit dark in there.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Sorry to highjack your post Tim. Anyone know if they still have those wall chasers?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman