OT Air con fogs up windscreen

Our 4 year old Fiesta has fine wire embedded. Can't comment on the fog issue but slanting bright sun can illuminate the wires annoyingly. A much bigger issue is the *head up display* of the plastic finish above the dashboard. In some bright sun conditions, the nearside kerb is completely hidden!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

None of the cars with AC that I've had does (that is, "steams up massively"). That suggests a fault to me.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Or redirect the first few minutes away from the windscreen?

Reply to
Fredxx

My Audi doesn't do this.

Yes. The coolant is also the lubricant.

Reply to
Mark

Am I missing something here. The OP said that it's only when he is not usng the aircon in wet weather that he has a problem.

Reply to
ARW

It seems so - from the OP

"Unlike other cars I've had, in wet weather use of a/c is usually necessary to keep screen clear of fog.

Next time car started (that day say) screen fogs up massively until air con turned on...."

In my experience in conditions described screen fogs up massively for a couple of minutes after restart. Immaterial as to whether air con is on or off for those two minutes - but you can kid yourself that turning the aircon on helps clear it. It will clear either way in less than two minutes.

Reply to
news

but faster with a/c on... I kid myself not...

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

MkII Escort and fogged up windows in Silverwood carpark!. No such thing as air con in a car when I was a teenager:-)

Reply to
ARW