OT: Aerosol cans on aircraft?

OK, daft question maybe, but I've never flown anywhere before so I don't know. I've got a 'travel-size' (35ml) aerosol can of Lynx deodorant - is this allowed in the carry-on hand luggage?

If it makes any difference, the airline is Ryanair - going to Poland next week for the princely sum of two quid each way including taxes :')

Reply to
John

JFGI

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

****

Under 100ml/100g of liquids or gels are permitted in carry ons in a transparent resealable bag, including aerosols, I've done it many times.

Reply to
Jake

the only thing there pertinent to my question is 8.10.1.6 which states "The carriage of liquids, aerosols and gels into the security restricted area of an airport and onboard aircraft is controlled in accordance with current EU Security Requirements" - and I don't know what they are which is why I was asking the question.

Reply to
John

Thanks very much Jake, that's great.

Reply to
John

Just beware with Ryanair, they do check hand luggage weight AND size frequently and if you luggage is overweight or oversized, you will pay through the nose.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

result

Reply to
The Other Mike

Just eat, wear or fill your pockets with the contents of the overweight bag.

If it's too big carry a piece of cheesewire or long 8mm wide cable ties to tie it up and make it a bit smaller....

Reply to
The Other Mike

So use a better serach term. Is it really that dificult?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Thanks Tim

Reply to
John

Well it would appear to be - you're the one who put JFGI with a link to what you presumably thought was the answer.

Reply to
John

Hadn't been on an international flight for 20+ years until a couple of weeks ago, my 15 YO daughter however has been to the states within living memory.....

We got to security and she took her liquids, gels, etc out of her hand luggage (sp?!) and we saw that though see through, her liquids etc bag was nearly as big as her hand luggage bag!

We had to go and but overpriced see through bags from a vending machine, and fourtunately by spreading the stuff amongst the three of us we fitted it all in.

Then my bag failed the X-Ray

"Apparently it's got liquid in it sir, any ideas?"

"No, aside of the fact my tea occasionally gets spilt in it, there might be a stain"

Security Officer then went through all 4 sections before eventually pulling out the full to capacity liquids and gels bacg I had put in there before we had the drama with my daughter!

Big sign swung out of the back of my head with "Wally" written on it.

However, once it had been re X-rayed, I got it all back despite now being double the ollowed limit, so whilst I wouldn't recommend this approach, it worked for me.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Holmes

Whenever I go to Europe, I always pick up a big fistful of these bags to use on future travels, they seem to be available to pick up for free outside the UK, whereas here we have vending machines selling them!

Reply to
Jake

Opening a can of worms, how about travelling with a can of worms? Not exactly liquid according to the conventional definition.

Although technically speaking you can apply enough heat to many foodstuffs in the solid state to liquefy them.

Of course you could not freeze a bottle of water and attempt to argue that it wasn't really a liquid, because it is a liquid at room temperature, but what about things like butter, which is pretty solid at room temperature, and effectively a brick when refrigerated?

Similarly, chocolate spread...

Reply to
Jake

Ryanair will charge you £50 for transporting a can of that size.

Reply to
alan

I hope you've made your will. I've always said I'll go on an aeroplane when they perfect them.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

In message , John writes

Isn't there a clause that users of Lynx deodorant shouldn't be allowed to walk down the street without a carer?

Reply to
geoff

I'm afraid Man at B&Q has slipped into Bugger-All Quality mode.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

You don't think security will see the cheesewire as a potential weapon?

Reply to
Graham.

They don't like cable ties either.

I was travelling with a roll of electrical tape once and one of the security guys remarked that it could be used to incapacitate passengers.

Bearing in mind I'm a 10 stone weakling, I said "What, all of them?" and another one who overheard the conversation laughed and told him to let me keep it.

Reply to
Jake