OT AA recovery times

Can anyone better three minutes from the end of the phone call telling them the van had broken down and the recovery truck arriving?

It made last weeks wait of 15 minutes when the van last broke down look pathetic:-)

Reply to
ARW

Sounds like you need a more reliable van?

Reply to
Bob Minchin

They're following you...

Reply to
Adrian

Seems to break down a lot,was recovery truck following behind in expectation?

Reply to
DJC

My van is fine and is not a FixItAgainTomorrow works van.

Reply to
ARW

In message , ARW writes

Last weekend my son + wife + 2yo + wife's friend broke down at Sandbach services at 1045 am. AA man attended & booked recovery. It finally arrived at 6pm and they were home at about 10.30pm. The driver told them that their booking had been initiated and cancelled twice.

We will know to ask next time whether Adam was the name of the rival recovery client.

Oh and the garage in London could find no fault, but changed the gearbox oil. It is automatic and a Renault.

Reply to
Bill

I bet you didn't know AA patrols once gave Nazi salutes.

(9:54)

Graham.

Not a nazi salute.

is a nazi salute

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

ARW scribbled

If you're breaking down that frequently, the AA are probably following you around.

Reply to
Jonno

I remember looking in the Sheringham lifeboat station, and they had been called out to rescue the same boat over 10 times in one month. It was always engine trouble. I never knew how it resolved itself. Did the lifeboat crew pay for an engine overhaul? Or did they take a sledge hammer to the engine, so the guy ruining their lives couldn't put to sea?

Reply to
GB

Aye, check the small print. ISTR there is a fairly low limit on the number of calls outs you can have over a given period.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Last time I broke down - broken fan belt which I'd normally carry a spare for - I gave up waiting after an hour and a half. In central London at approx 1 am. They said they couldn't find me. Despite being stopped on Holland Road right beside the street name sign.

The AA refunded my year's subscription, and I haven't bothered with any breakdown service since.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"This is the last time we come and get you. Next time, you swim."

Reply to
Adrian

It was once very common. Especially in the USA.

No surprises there then.

Reply to
harry

I've done a number of flotilla holidays in the South Ionian Sea. The crew of the lead boat have defined responsibilities and the engineer (usually called the "engo") deals with problems below decks on the boats in the flotilla.

At the first briefing you are given detailed instructions on use of the "heads" (WCs - with very tight rules on what you can and can't put down them) and told "The engo will deal with the first blockage The engo will supervise you dealing with the second blockage If there is a third blockage, the engo will give you a bucket"

Reply to
mark.bluemel