OT: AA batteries

and you can't because...? because they says you can't...? because they want you to buy new ones...?

WTF are you prattling on about?

I've been recharging non rechargeables since before commercial chargers came on the market

The information contained in this post may not be published in, or used by

raden

I "prattling on about" the fact that the previous poster seems to think that you can't recharge "non-rechargeable" batteries, whereas I know you can.

Indeed.

Hmm. A genuine rechargeable type may be run 'flat' and then re-charged to full capacity. A non-rechargeable type can't.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

True. They recharge better if you keep doing it while they've still got a higher charge left to start with.

Yes. In practice this means re-charging them before they've given out the approximate capacity of the average Ni-Cad, and since they can't be re-charged very often, makes it rather a pointless exercise. Unless you have something that really needs 1.5 volts a cell.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)