OT-a bit of humor.

Perhaps the jokes should be about Vendéen sheep.

Reply to
Howard Neil

How is a pussy like a warm toilet seat? They both feel good, but you can't help wondering who was there before you.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Hi Red

Yup! The Normans were not French. They were Norsemen who were given the area of land now known as Normandy 150 years prior to the invasion by the French King as a bribe. Normandy was independent of France.

Anyway, William the Bastard was so incredibly lucky it's untrue. Noddy & Big Ears could have won under the circumstances.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Mummy, Mummy, why does everyone call me big head? It's alright darling, they're only having fun with you. Now put your hat in the garage and come have some dinner.

Reply to
BigWallop

Mummy, Mummy, can I lick the bowl?

No dear, pull the flush like everyone else please.

Reply to
BigWallop

Daddy, Daddy, Mummy's gone out again.

It's OK, just pour some more petrol on her.

Reply to
BigWallop

Mummy, Mummy, I hate Daddy's guts.

Put them on the side of your plate and eat the rest then.

Reply to
BigWallop

Mummy, Mummy, is the lady next really a robot?

I don't think so darling, why do you ask that?

Well, it's just that Daddy said he was going to screw the ass off her.

Reply to
BigWallop

My Darling, I can't get over you. So I suppose I'll have to get up and walk round.

No No Darling, they're not calling you fat. They're only asking you to move further up the beach to let the tide come in.

Darling, you look like a million dollars. You're all sort of green and wrinkled.

Reply to
BigWallop

"Second hand French Military Rifle: Never used, slight damage from being thrown away"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah,. The Magna Carta was an encapsulaton more of the Saxon ways...there still being some saxons in powerful places around.

You cannot ascribe Britains successes to any particular culture: It's the combination of all of them that is the strength..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not a lot - no.

Normandy is Norhmen'd place. The Nirse. The scandinavians..

Remember Norman England was at war with france for the next - well -

1000 years really :-)
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But as far as we're all concerned they're frogs.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Isn't the word pendatry?

:)

Reply to
Chris Hodges

No but pedantry may well fit the bill.

HTH

:-P

Reply to
PC Paul

No, the word is pedantism. It's a new word that everyone will be using over the next year or so and will be in the Oxford dictionary this time next year.

All I have to do now is keep on saying it and make it fashionable.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Why did the walrus go to the Tupperware party? He was looking for a tight seal.

Reply to
RedOnRed

A woman walks into a bar and asks the barman for a double entendre. So he gave her one.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Or Bill may well fit the pedantry. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

The last 'new word' I came across was 'performant'. I don't like it.

Used in the context 'the most performant solution for this problem is ...'.

Yuck.

Reply to
PC Paul