OT-a bit of humor.

A bloke gets marooned on an Island with his faithful companion his dog and a sheep. anyway nights go by where they are sitting by the shore and looking out at the moon on the horizon and one night the bloke starts getting frisky and looks at the sheep, the dog sees this and starts snarling, this go's on for a week, one night the bloke sees something bobbing on the horizon and swims out to see what it is, finds out its a woman and swims back to shore clutching her around the waist.

That night he introduces her to their ritual of sitting at the shore and as the evening wears on the bloke starts getting realy frisky and turns to the woman and says...will you do me a real favour, he ask her...she says whats that then...will you take the dog for a walk he replies.

Reply to
ben

Be aware that the French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from Run to Hide.

The only two higher levels in France are Surrender and Collaborate.

The rise was precipitated by a recent fire which destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing their military.

Reply to
Tony

"Tony" wrote

ROFL!

Try this. Go to Google.com and type French Military Victories in the search box, then hit I'm Feeling Lucky button..

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Doesn't work any more.

It used to say 'None found - did you mean French Military *Defeats*?'

Try 'miserable failure' instead.

has a long list, most of which are now extinct.

Reply to
PC Paul

worked ok here

Reply to
news

"PC Paul" wrote >>

Did for me 10 seconds ago.

Try 'again'?

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

"French military victories" returns a fake google error page which suggests "French military defeats" as an alternate search.

Reply to
Aidan

My Bad. I read it wrong.

Ah well.

Try 'swivel eyed loons' then....

Reply to
PC Paul

Quote from that site;

"f****it

****it) used to return John Prescott who is Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. He rose through the trade union movement from humble beginnings as a steward in the merchant navy, and is renowned for his straight-talking manner."

Thanks for that Paul. :-)

Reply to
Aidan

Do you mean to say it omits the Norman invasion of Britain in 1066 where they defeated Harold and went on to govern this country for the next hundreds of years, whilst introducing the Magna Carta and completely modernising the state?

Reply to
RedOnRed

A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. "But why?" they asked, as they moved off. "Because," he said, "I can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."

Reply to
RedOnRed

Doctor doctor I've caught a cricket ball in my bum". The doctor looks confused at his patient and says "hows that?". The strained patient looks back in an annoyed manner and says "dont you bloody well start"

Reply to
RedOnRed

"Doctor, Doctor, I can't pronounce my F's, T's and H's." Doc says "Well you can't say fairer than that then"

Reply to
RedOnRed

No, you're confusing the French with the Normans. The French would probably have executed William the Bastard, as they call(ed) him, if they'd been able to catch him.

Reply to
Aidan

Oh, I see, Normandy has nothing to do with France - either now or then?

Reply to
RedOnRed

Not then. Normans, originally from the North, same as Norsemen, Vikings etc

Reply to
DJC

Does it matter?

The same race of people are now included in the state of France.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Not to me & I'd hope not to you. Just me being a little pedantic, hope you'll excuse me.

French & Norman then were probably as different as English & Welsh now. William had no valid claim to the throne and usurped it by violence. It might matter to the English since this is was the starting point for their monarchy.

They might want to deny that.

Reply to
Aidan

Hmmm, I have to take my hat off to you for pushing back the boundaries of pedantism.

You're almost making a persuasive argument.

Reply to
RedOnRed

It does omit the French victory at Castillion, where they thorougly defeated the English & ended the 100 years war. We didn't learn about that at school.

OK, pedant mode off, on with the sheep jokes.

Reply to
Aidan