OT 60's & 70's

Yes, when I was a yongster, there were stables not far away and horses always coming down our hill. Neighbours used to race out to get the horse shit before a different neighbour beat them to it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Removing horse shit from London's roads was a significant issue. I guess they didn't have the bags back then.

I did smile to myself recently when two mounted police pulled into the advanced stop box for cycles, and both horses prompty opened the bomb doors...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Our local railway is reputed to have carried elephant dung from Regents Park as well as the usual horse shit. The return journey carried water cress from the Lea valley:-)

Try turning cows out after milking!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

And cat owners!

Reply to
alan_m

Yep, on these cold mornings a bag full of dog shit makes the ideal hand warmer.

Reply to
alan_m

Cats don't have owners.

They have staff.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Unfortunately that's the excuse people in our society use to justify pet ownership without being responsible for the anti-social actions of their animals.

I guess that may cat owners would complain if they stepped in shit left by a dog owner but how many of them have actually picked up the shit left their cats on other peoples property.

Reply to
alan_m

That happens.

Never, my cats not shit on anyone elses property. Yes my cat is a house cat and doesn't go out

Reply to
whisky-dave