Oregon Red Cedar-Source in Scotland

Hi all My house was built in 1974 conventional brick with infill panels of red cedar lining. I have not touched the cadar since purchasing the house 15 years ago and they look exactly the same as they did on purchase. I want to replace the barge boards and soffits to match instead of using plastic. Is red cadar still available?. Would Scottish grown larch be suitable-Im told its a good substitute?.
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 11:30:17 +0100, "tom patton"

You can certainly buy Western Red Cedar from timber merchants. I just bought a load from Jewsons for a garden building that I am constructing. They will machine it to size if you need that.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 20:33:41 +0100, "tom patton"

Yellow Pages. You're not local, so I can't recommend anywhere specific, but it shouldn't be hard to find.
The higher up the food chain you buy, the cheaper it gets (and often the better service). You ought to be able to find it locally grown, so start by phoning sawmills, rather than a local builder's merchant.

I thought cedar was imported to the UK. Its not grown here in Scotland that I am aware of.