Orbital sander at Aldi

for £9.99

Got a lot of punch to it as well.

Reply to
George

Is this as it falls apart?

I see that these retailers are in great shape in terms of market share and business viability.

Top three extend share as grocery growth reaches new highs

excitingly, today...

Administration move for Kwik Save

to self. Check retail portfolio)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Come now MrHall,one wonders why you even bother to oppose the Aldi brand of products if you think its naff.

ps whats the marketing statistics go to do with them selling power tools?

Reply to
George

This appears to be identical to the Axminster own brand one which they sell for just under =A330.

dg

Reply to
dg

This appears to be identical to the Axminster own brand one which they sell for just under £30.

dg

This can be said for their biscuit jointer which was the same as the aldi one when they sold it.

Mines had a lot of use since buying it 2.5 years ago on making picture frames and is still operable.

Reply to
George

It's pavlovian

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I don't. It's just an illustration that it's irrelevant.

That illustrates that it's even more irrelevant.

I wouldn't go to Axminster Power Tools to buy cucumbers and flax seed, so it's bemusing that a food supermarket would be selling power tools. Each should stick to its core business and do it properly.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Dogs come from breeders.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Shame that. Axminster in Sittingbourne do a blinding cucumber.

Flax seed? WTF?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So are you saying high street chain department stores should stop selling food and wines and stick to selling household ware,clothes ect?

Reply to
George

M&S wouldn't agree, and they've diversified to the point where no one knows what they sell

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Linseed, the oil of which you massage lovingly into your worktops when you're not honing your planes

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Only pedigree dogs

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Do you poke them in the eyes of non paying customers? ;-)

Low glycaemic load, high dietary fibre, omega-3 oils.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Of course.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Customer service would be far better if retailers focused on a core business and did that properly.

To the case in point -

Yesterday I needed a couple of spare parts for a Bosch workshop vacuum cleaner purchased from them a while ago. I identified the model on Bosch's web site and quickly found the spare, name and part number from an exploded diagram.

Knowing that Bosch don't supply direct, but through resellers, I called up Axminster, spoke to their technical department and asked them to source the parts for me. They called me back 5 minutes later with price and delivery. Product was ordered and will be here tomorrow.

If I look on Aldi's site, I don't see the number to call for their technical department for power tools, nor do I see where to order spare parts. Based on their marketing information, it appears that their product managers haven't the feintest idea of what a power tool really is.

I might just about believe that they could tell me where the cucumbers are, but could probably not describe the nutrtitional content (or rather the lack of it) in cornflakes.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Although under the leadership of Stuart Rose have a much better idea today than they did a few years back. That is that reasonable to good quality with focus on customer service sells and at good margins, which is how it should be.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Nope. One of a number of very useful ways of maintaining good blood glucose control with minimal medication, which I need to do.

Reply to
Andy Hall