Options for a light 300mm from the bath

Berore checking out the wiring regs I had bought a light to go above my mirror in the bathroom.

It's not 600mm away from the bath though - maybe 300mm so I think I can have mains but must me IP4.

I've looked for another nice light but cannot see any - is there anyway to use an energy efficient light bulb in this light and keep it where it is?

I guess I could use a 12v halogen bulb and holder and an SELV - there is plenty of room behind the glass to fit other bulbs etc but that's not very efficient - also a nice effect of the light is that some light shines out the sides which would not happen with a halogen since it is directional.

The reg's seem a bit daft in that this light isnt' really far away from the main bathroom light (it's a bit higher) and it woud be close to a shaver socket as well (though there is no provision for a seperated HV light) ho hum.

Reply to
405 TD Estate