Optima XM6 Tamper alarm

I have an Optima XM6 alarm system installed and has been working without any trouble for the last 6 years until recently when the internal sounder has gone off and the Tamper light has come on.I have eliminated the Tamper circuit as being the problem by linking it out, so could the problem be a failing back-up battery. Thanks in advance for any help Simmo

My Optima (just bought so may be entirely different to yours) has several tamper circuits. There is one for the bell box, one for detector wiring and one for external keypads. There are also two internal spring tamper switches, one visible on top of the PCB, one invisible behind it. Have you checked them all?
Christian.

Simmo