Opinions on Central Heating Controls

Hi all

Yes I know this has been covered before, but things move on, products change etc.

I am (hopefully) going to upgrade, or have upgraded, the central heating in my 1970s dump. This involves some repiping work, along with boiler, pump, zone valves and contols/programmer replacement.

System is currently (and is likely to remain) vented "S" Plan.

From previous discussions, it is likely that the boiler will be Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24Ri. Honeywell zone valves Grundfoss pump

For these and the unlisted items I would appreciate feedback on recent models please, particularly programmer/controller and programmable room stat.

Thanks in anticipation

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Have you considered splitting the heating into zones with (say) a separate timer/stat upstairs and downstairs? I did this and have been surprised how well it works, despite having an open staircase.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

The message from Dave contains these words:

Snap.

I put the re-zoning off for years because I thought the open staircase would make it ineffectual.

FWIW I have a Danfoss TP75 downstairs (replacing an earlier Digistat which itself replaced the stone age stat) and a Horstmann Centaurstat (from Screwfix) upstairs ( which replaced an even cheaper and extremely crappy programmable stat also from Screwfix).

The only complaint I have with the Centaurstat is that it has no holiday setting. I got round this by inserting a switch in the call for heat wire and rely on the downstairs heating only when I go away in winter.

Reply to
Roger

"Roger" wrote

Are these controllers or programmable thermostats?

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster