Opinions of bes.co.uk for plumbing supplies

BES

seem quite good on price for plumbing supplies - basically copper pipe and fittings - but I have not bought from them before. Anyone have experience with them and would care to express an opinion?

James

Reply to
James Harris

They are damn good IME - over several years.

Very quick delivery and Sat delivery an option for extra.

Massive range of good products at reasonable prices - I have never had reason to question the quality of their stuff.

Reply to
Tim Watts

In article , James Harris writes

I'm sure you've heard mention of TLC-direct here as a good source of electrical stuff. I view BES as the plumbing equivalent of them, excellent range and good quality (you can choose branded or uber cheapies in most brassware), and I've not experienced any customer service problems with them.

The site is a little clunky so I compose orders from the catalogue which has an excellent range.

Worth mentioning that in t'old days it used to be quicker to order over the phone because the online orders had to be manually transferred from the online front end to the stock control system. Not sure if that's still the case but it does point to them being a little old school.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Reply to
fred

I use them for all my plumbing stock replenishment - excellent.

I haven't ordered straight lengths of copper pipe from them as I thought they might get damagaed, although this may well be an unfounded concern. I have ordered coils of pipe from them though, and loads of fittings over the years.

I had an issue just recently with wrong parts supplied, but that was the manufacturer who was putting them in the wrong bag, not BES, who had a replacement part with me the next day.

For coils of plastic pipe (such as MDPE water mains) and associated fittings, I use

They had a better range than anyone else when I was searching around, and in coils of different lengths.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Never had a problem with 2m pipes - they come taped in bundles in a long cardboard box.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Used them many times - highly recommended - my first choice if doing a big order since their prices are good and the range of stuff they do is

*vast*
Reply to
John Rumm

On 20 Nov 2014, John Rumm grunted:

Are they better value and more convenient than the likes of Toolstation, who are almost always my first port of call for matters DIY...?

I've used BES once or twice over the years, but really, only in the same way I do TLC for electrical stuff - ie for the more unusual stuff that Toolstation et al don't carry.

No complaints about their service or range, anyway.

Reply to
Lobster

No problems with orders etc IIRC. The only issue is that they bombarded me with junk mail for years, despite me asking them to stop.

Reply to
Mark

  • 1
Reply to