Opening the alarm power box

I want to open the alarm power box to look at the battery and charger, and I know there will be a tamper switch. When the alarm sounds do I just enter my master code and it will silence and all will be well? Or is there a lower level code needed (eg; an engineering code)?
My panel is a Median manufactured by Castle Care-Tech Ltd. The manual is not clear on what will happen, and I want to check before I spoil my neighbours Saturday afternoon! Thanks

Don't know your model, but most have two manuals - operating and installation. An operating one is unlikely to give the engineering codes.
--
*I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out *

You need to find out if the engineer set the 'reset code option' to enabled.
Best thing to do is enter your code and see if settings such as exit time, test zones etc can be changed. If they are your code is the engineer/master code and this should be able to reset a trigger if the panel front is removed.
If not you'll trigger the alarm and may need to call an engineer to reset. For a service eng this could cost about 50!!!!

my
not
neighbours

my
Did you fit the panel youself ? If not, you won't have the exact engineer code that has been set to place the panel in the engineer mode you need to open it without causing an unsetable tamper fault.

not
neighbours
Call your alarm engineer.
Thanks Guys.
So the conclusion is that I will set off an alarm that will need the engineer code, and my "master" code will not reset it? Correct? I did not install the alarm.

and
enter
lower

engineer