Opening Philips (Bosch) speakers

On the off-chance that someone else has used these,

LBC 3052/03

Anyone any ideas how I get inside them? I fear the metal mesh side strips are machine-pressed over the two halves of the plastic case. I have some off Ebay and a project in mind ...

TIA

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Angle grinder....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They are line source arrays? I'd be most surprised if you couldn't get into them for repair purposes. Except that they are Philips.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I would like to be able to put them back together afterwards.

Also, I don't have a dangle grinder.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I've never seen a speaker that can't be opened - apart from perhaps some PC ones which are glued. So if the back doesn't come off, the front will.

You can get ones which fit a stocking.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You have brought shame to the group. Harikiri is the only answer, you must fall on your sword (or No2 Pozidrive screwdriver).

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I think the front and back halves snap together. They appear very reticent to unsnap.

Owain

Reply to
Owain