Opaquing clear shower enclosure

We're interested in a cheap shower enclosure for our guest room and we've seen one that fits the bill. The only downside is that we'd prefer one with opaque (or mostly opaque) glass.
Is there any DIY way of opaquing large panels of glass like this that won't look too awful?
Tim
--
Remove the *obvious* to reply by mail

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:05:20 -0000, "Tim Downie"

look. I haven't used it myself but have seen the results on glass, looks pretty good. You'd have to check on suitability for use in damp environments. And spray it on the outside if you do use, it won't be in direct contact with water then.
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

used to get it off!

it comes away with water? Actually I don't really want to know, just thought I'd put the question in the arena!
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

There are two types - a water based, and a solvent based.
I've used the Humbrol one a few times and this used to need cellulose thinners to remove it, although the can I bought a few weeks ago (from Homebase for around 5 or 6 GBP IIRC) now says white spirit.
I have used it on a loo window, where it lasted 3 years with no ill effects (and was still fine when we finally replaced the window), and most recently to make the lower half of some Ikea Billy glass doors opaque. It works a treat, as long as you follow the instructions, especially with regard to shaking the can, cleaning the glass first, and applying many thin coats instead of fewer thicker coats.
I'd have thought there'd be no problem on a shower door, as long as you didn't use abrasive cleaners. The worst that could happen is that you'd have to remove it all and start again, if after a year or 2 it was looking "sad".
HTH.
Tim Hardisty. Remove HAT before replying
Thanks for all the comments. I obviously don't watch enough makeover programmes. I didn't realise such sprays existed.
Of course, now I'm going off the idea of a new shower enclosure but the info was appreciated nonetheless.
Tim
--
Remove the obvious to reply by email.

Well... if you turn the shower it steams up!
This is a half-serious response actually: I don't know if your need for opacity is to preserve the modesty of your guests or what; but certainly our shower door steams up almost before you get in the cubicle. (Maybe I need a decent extractor...)
David