Ooops of the day

If you have a UPS to protect your computers against power fail, make sure the cats don't step on the power button hem hem hem.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Corollary:

Don't keep cats for they are the devil's children...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Computer keyboards seem to have the same fascination for cats as cardboard boxes.

Reply to
The Older Gentleman

Reply to
stuart noble

+1
Reply to
Mr Pounder

You spend your time attending to a) The keyboard b) The screen - when you should be focussing _all_ your attention on c) The Cat.

The Boss wishes to correct your mistake.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

And the "play", and "answer off" buttons of an answering machine...

Reply to
John Rumm

If you really love your cat you will buy him an electric typewriter.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

-2

That cancels out you *and* Comrade Watts so ner ner ner.

Reply to
Tim Streater

+8

Reply to
Mr Pounder

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com writes

It's also worth scrolling further down to "How you get (got) to sing the blues". Hilarious!

Reply to
Ian Jackson

I always thought it was the other way around, ie cats keep people. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Or "cats don't have owners, they have staff"

Reply to
Bob Eager

And piano keyboards left with the lid up as well. When I was a mere lad we lived below a piano teacher, and regularly we would hear this discordant noise from above followed by a shout. The lady told my Mother that it was her cat walking on the piano keyboard, which apparently was very fascinating to most cats, presumably due to the movement and the sounds. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

A friend of mine also reckons that the cable of a computer mouse has some kind of cat appeal as well, as often when he is using it and its visible over the edge of the table, it gets snatched out of his hand when the cat leaps up to grab it. I guess its a hunting behaviour of some kind.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No it was the furry f***er doing what it knew pissed the owner off...

Jim K

/The lady told my Mother that it was her cat walking on the piano keyboard, which apparently was very fascinating to most cats, presumably due to the movement and the sounds. /q

Reply to
JimK

That is the reason why I use the simplest keyboards available, without any additional one press controls.

Reply to
Nightjar

Ragtime composer Zez Confrey would have agreed.

Reply to
Graham.

-12

and I win as Ponder will run out of fingers to do the maths:-)

Reply to
ARW

Maybe he has relatives in Norfolk who can help?

Reply to
Tim Watts