Only Fools & Handymen...

I think we have been here before, but it is well worth a repost for anyone that has not seen it.

ARWadsworth

What's the excess?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

And a note of dismay sounded out across the moors. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

£250.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Don't think Argos have any chandeliers above that price point.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Who do you use ?

My small business insurance is up for renewal in a couple of weeks

Reply to
geoff

I would recommend the cheapest with the best cover policy. They change mostly by the day, so grab one while it's cheap. The AA have good cover for established businesses, which gives an all in one cover for employees, tools, vehicles and liability. It's worth having a talk with them to begin with.

What I have noticed, is that some insurers will charge quite a bit more on policies that are monthly payment, so, if you can afford to pay the policy in full, the price will be reduced by a good margin. Also, most insurers will give an optional excess reduction on all policies. If you can pay out of pocket up to £1,000, then the policy will reduce by a good lots.

We have an excess of £3,000 on our liability, and the cost of the policy came down from £2,060 per month, to £1,125 per month. But the first liability cover we bought was almost £5,000 because we were a young company with only a couple of years worth of contract work under our belts. So the cover will reduce with no-claims bonuses over the years.

Shop about for the best one, and read the small print and excess agreement arrangement before choosing.

Reply to
BigWallop

Why? He reflects wryly on his mistakes, he clears the damage and pays the costs. I'd love to be within service range of Dave's van.

Reply to
Steve Walker

In message , BigWallop writes

Well, yes

I'm getting quotes in - I'm just interested to see who other people are using, just in case I get a nice surprise

I'm paying just over £1000 atm with 5 employees

Reply to
geoff

What cover do you have for that cost?

Reply to
BigWallop

In message , BigWallop writes

I'll bring the policy home tomorrow

Reply to
geoff

ER..this was in the early 70's in a SQUAT party.

Work it out.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

CETA of Chipping Norton, via Insure My Liability.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Mine only covers me obviously, that might explain the lower premiums.

I Googled to find the best deal.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thus spake ARWadsworth ( snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk) unto the assembled multitudes: