One way heat exchanger?

I can give you a structure.

Fill your double glazing with hydrogen for high conductivity (I think I have that right!) and pump it to vacuum for insulation.

May be a slight problem maintaining the gap between the panes, and dealing with large quantities of impure hydrogen, and doing it all without using more energy that you save, but WTH.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Could also be a few problems putting this too close to a solid fuel stove unless all the components are heat resistant. Hydrogen near a heat/fire source also sounds...er...bangin....

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Once upon a time..... imagine a power station, whose 500 MW alternators are cooled by internal circulation of hydrogen, and liberally plastered with "No Smoking" signs. Nearby picture CEGB security bloke, warming his cockles on just such a heater. I didn't linger.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Must check re-used text. :-(

It was one of those flaming rocket heaters.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon