One radiator not working

All the radiators in the house work fine, except one which was workin

great but packed up almost overnight. My home insurance wont cove radiators unless all the radiators are down. Can you advise what may b causing the one radiator to clog up. Complete DIY newbie here

-- butterfly

Reply to
butterfly

My first question is...

Have you any children that could have turned the radiator off at its feed point (the valve with a cap with what I can only describe as finger grips that can be rotated from open to close, the one at the other end of the radiator should have a plain cap on it and does nothing. It does actually, but this can be talked about later)

Does any part (particularly the pipes that feed it, or the bottom of the radiator feel warm/hot?

Does it have a thermostatically controlled valve on it that can control when it heats up and when it doesn't? It will/should be quite large and show numbers that vary when you rotate it. If so, over to some one that understands these.

Other than that, we await your next post. Please give as much info as you can. Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, neither is no such thing as too much information.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Hi there, As a new diyer using this forum first things first....Info..... for people to help on any subject they need info... in your case is the system a combi? have the raditors got thermostats on ? is the rad cold all over ? how many rads on the cuircut ? is it a downstairs rad ? have you taken any off the wall recently? lots to know and then the answer will be forthcomming from one of the many people on the forum. Thanks Pete

Reply to
gasman pete