One Radiator

Hi.

At this time of the year the weather is not so cold and there for I am not using the Cantrell heating to heat my flat. The only room that I would like to have the radiator in is the bathroom (to dry towels on) and I can't install electric towel heater. I turn all the radiators off and just left the bathroom one open, lower to boiler (combi) radiator output to about 60. And set it to timer for 2 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the evening. The room thermostat is not playing any function because the rest of the house temperature is not changing.

My question. Is it bad for the boiler to run only on one radiator? The boiler is firing every 3 min for about 15 sec. In a month time the weather will get much hotter and than I will not use the heating at all so it's not going to be for long period of tome.

Reply to
Golan

In your case my approach would have been to get a wireless thermostat that could be moved around the house. This could have been set and placed in the bathroom, providing better control over the system.

I have this system and the controller moves from place to place as needs dictate.

Reply to
EricP

EricP what one have you got and does it work without line of sight? I'm waiting on a Honeywell CMT927 to arrive and thought I might be limited to the amount of places it can be situated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Tony

I have a Sunvic as sold in B&Q. It is a weird thing that comes with various brand names attached to it. Please stick with Honeywell!

My wireless link is very good and it still connects, even over the other side of the street, through several walls. :)

In some ways they are a waste of money, but occasionaly useful for control of a specific area.

Reply to
EricP