One plumbing problem I could live with!

Mike Halmarack

Reminds me of the tale about a couple who made their own saucy video. One night they decided to watch it on their TV and somehow managed to feed the signal into the comunal aerial feeder for their block of flats. As a result, all the other residents saw it as well.

John

Reply to
John

The other residents would have to have tuned their TVs to the frequency of the unfortunate couple's VCR and selected that channel when the tape was being played ... old VCRs often used the channel now used by Channel Five, but even in that case it would have been competing with the existing signal.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Party pooper!

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Only one neighbour would have needed to stumbled across the channel whilst manually tuning a TV (I still use a TV with twirly-dial tuning) and then phoned all the others ... especially if the participants were recognisable.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The message from Rob Morley contains these words:

Don't recally anyone saying it was in the UK!

Reply to
Guy King

Video output normally swamps Ch5 aerial signal. And many of the residents are likely to have had tv already tuned to ch5, which = common video output frequency. Connecting the video up wrongg so the rf out goes to the ae is also very easy to do. Its entirely possible. Whether it happened or someone imagined it is another question.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You mightn't always be right but I think you do some impressively positive fantasizing. ;-)

Reply to
Mike Halmarack