One of those weeks/Triton Shower

So, my mum has a new shower fitted because the heater has failed in the old one, Mr Super efficient handyman service disposes of the old one for her.

Four days later my shower stops dead, claiming low pressure. No flow, cold or hot so obviously the solenoid valve isn't working, quick check with the multimeter, open circuit coil, exactly the same coil as the one that's been disposed of.

Anyone know where I can buy just the coil for a Triton shower inlet valve?

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Triron themselves sold or still sell spares but also try The Shower Doc ( Google for the url) .

Reply to
anythingyoulike

In message , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com writes

FWIW, Triton charge 33 quid for the complete valve, Showerdoc charge 26.

I got a replacement at my local washing machine repair place, it's exactly the same and cost me nothing as the engineer had removed it from a new but damaged valve. If I'd had to buy the valve and remove the coil it'd have cost about 7 quid.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

I just put a quarter-turn valve on the inlet and turned the solenoid valve in to a bit of bigger pipe.

Reply to
PeterC

In message , PeterC writes

I'm wondering if the valve is the same or similar enough to the complete washing machine one to make it a future fix, I can buy the complete valve for around 7 quid.

Reply to
Clint Sharp